When it comes to makeup women, always want the best because this is what makes all the difference in their looks. Every woman spends a handsome amount each month on cosmetics and personal care products and will certainly don’t want all her spending to be wasted due to a lousy mirror beside having embarrassment over a bad makeup. So, investing in a right makeup mirror is as essential as is the selection of good cosmetic items or the makeup itself.
Whether you just want to replace the old mirror, or you need to buy a new one due to the previous one got broken, you should be looking for some mirror which best suits your needs. There are some options available in the market, and one gets confused after checking the specifications of so many mirrors.
Things to Consider in Buying a Quality Makeup Mirror
Let’s check out some ways to help you decide the best quality makeup mirror for your needs.
- You need to check whether you want a mirror which will be fixed to your table or a travel mirror as this will be the most essential point which will also help to decide the size and weight of the mirror.
- A travel mirror essentially needs to be smaller in size and lightweight whereas a fixed or tabletop mirror doesn’t have any such limitations. If you are considering your mirror to be fixed, then you need to decide if you want a tabletop or wall mounted design. A table top is convenient to use, but it also has the risk of breaking anytime. A wall mounted design is safe in the sense that it will provide you all the convenience along with safety. You can fix the wall mounted design in your bedroom, bathroom, on the wall or near the table. You also need to consider the arm length of the mirror and light source if you want the mirror to be fixed as it needs to be entirely fixed at a place which is convenient for you to use.
- A mirror with a built-in light source can be another consideration. Daylight is best for the makeup purposes, but it is not available everywhere especially if the place you are going to fix or place the mirror doesn’t have enough light then you should be considering one with light. Best lighted makeup mirror is the one which provides you adequate light with a desirable tone. There are mirrors with incandescent, fluorescent or LED lights options. The last one though newer has become the standard due to its quality and benefits.
Incandescent bulbs generate too much heat, and their light is too bright for eyes. Fluorescent lamps are a good choice regarding light quality, but the size and heat issues are still there.
The best option is LED light mirror whose light is not only fresh and nearest to daylight but are also rigid, durable and consume less power.
- Magnification is another essential aspect to be considered for a makeup mirror. It is essential as it allows you to zoom in when required for a minute make-up requirement such as threading. A 5x magnification is a standard in ordinarily available mirrors.
Magnification requirement can vary from person to person as those with a poor vision need more powerful magnification than others. There are mirrors available with 10 to 15x magnification, but if you don’t need that much powerful magnification, you can just go for a 3x-5x zoom in a mirror which is sufficient for an average person.
- Another essential thing to be considered is the clarity of the mirror; it should provide you a crystal-clear image without any distortion whether you are viewing with or without magnification.
Additional Points to Consider
Some other considerations in choosing a makeup mirror may be:
- Double or single sided
- Material (glass or plastic)
- Best available Makeup Mirrors
Let’s check some right makeup mirrors available in the market.
- Simple Human Mini Sensor Mirror.
- Conair Oval Double-Sided Lighted Makeup Mirror.
- Zadro SW35 Surround Light 5x Magnification Wall Mount Mirror Chrome.
- Change Hollywood Lighted Makeup Vanity Mirror .
- Kimball Young Magnifying Makeup Mirror 2 Sided.
- Miss Sweet Lighted Travel Makeup Mirror.
- Vremi 10x Magnified Vanity Mirror.
- Jerdon Tri-Fold Two-Sided Lighted Makeup Mirror.
- Terresa 10x Magnifying Lighted Makeup Mirror.
- Keds 8x Magnifying Lighted Makeup Mirror.
Jenny has been working with writing challenged clients for over three years. She provides ghostwriting and ghost editing service as well. Further, She’s a brand manager of Ezapparelworld.com.